The St. Louis Civic Pride Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) educational organization founded by the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission for the purpose of unleashing St. Louis civic pride. The foundation’s mission is to create a culture of confidence and competitiveness among St. Louis area residents to propel our growth. Under direction of the board of directors led by Chairman J. Kim Tucci, the foundation has created programs to address the following goals:
- Educate and inspire St. Louisans of all ages on the many virtues of our region
- Attract and retain diverse citizenry to our region including young professionals, entrepreneurs and foreign born nationals
- Provide guests and newcomers with a sense of welcoming and belonging consistent with world class hospitality
Highlights of Foundation activities include:
- In November of 2013, the Foundation produced a brief video documentary entitled “The Truth About Crime in St. Louis” in an effort to correct misconceptions about crime in St. Louis based on unfair and misleading crime statistics. Click here to view the video.
- In March of 2014, the Foundation produced a video documentary on the burgeoning entrepreneurial scene in St. Louis in cooperation with the St. Louis Regional Chamber and Partnership for Downtown St. Louis. Click here to play the video.
- Through the cooperation of regional partners including Ameren Missouri, Wells Fargo Advisors and World Wide Technology, the Foundation aired a series St. Louis Civic Pride Moments TV and radio messages designed to inspire residents. Click here for the news story.